History

"Innovative energy and tradition are directly linked to the success of our company."

Manfred Gaulhofer

GAULHOFER has been manufacturing windows for more than 90 years.

The company, which is still family owned, was founded by Karl Gaulhofer as a carpenter and cabinet maker’s shop in Frohnleiten in Styria in 1919. Actual industrial window production commenced in 1963 when GAULHOFER started producing so-called standard windows as one of the first companies in Austria. This corresponded with the building boom during the wirtschaftswunder years, and the standard windows were soon sold via a dealer network covering all of Austria.

The first natural wooden windows were launched on the market in the 1970s: made by GAULHOFER. The company already employed 200 people in 1975 and moved from Frohnleiten to Übelbach, where its headquarters as well as the GAULHOFER wooden window production are still located today. Soon afterward – in 1978 – GAULHOFER merged with a local partner and began to build up a sales network in Germany. In order to be able also to serve the growing market for uPVC windows directly, the production site in Mäder (Vorarlberg) was opened subsequent to a company takeover there in 1987. The first GAULHOFER windows made of uPVC were delivered the following year. GAULHOFER launched its first wood-aluminum windows for private customers on the market in the mid-1990s. GAULHOFER sets international benchmarks with its quality products in the woodaluminum segment still today. GAULHOFER has officially been among the largest suppliers in Europe since 2000. The reason for the success is not least due to the innovational spirit, which is enthusiastically upheld in the company, mirrored regularly in product innovations. Thus the advantages of the gluing technology inferred from aircraft construction and automotive engineering were applied to windows by GAULHOFR in 2005: the birth of the GLASSLINE without window casements.

GAULHOFER presented VISIONLINE, in conjunction with other product innovations, in 2011: a new generation of frameless glass-only elements, which really insulate and seal.